So I have been nominated by a fellow blogger for a Liebster Award. This is an award that is given by a blogger to their ten favorite up and coming blogs. By up and coming they mean under 200 followers.
Who would do such a thing? Her name is Jennifer Grainger and you should click her name to check out her awesome blog. I am so very thankful to her that she found my blog to be good enough for such a recognition!
With this honor comes a list of requirements:
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them. I know some of my blogger friends have blogs that they may not want to post something like this so I wont require it.
- The Verve Curve is her blog – Great blog! Can’t wait to read more!
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer (below)
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
Questions for my nominees:
1. What is the most exotic location (relative to you) you’ve ever been?
2. When I’m not blogging, you can find me…
3. What is your guilty pleasure?
4. You’re flying down a snow hill on skis. Famous last words?
5. If you turned on your mp3 player or CD player and pressed play RIGHT NOW, what would we hear first?
6. If you could live one year of your life over, what year would it be, how old were you and why?
7. If money was no object, how would you spend your time?
8. Who is your hero?
9. What was your favorite Halloween costume?
10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
My 10 nominees:
1. http://crissi23.wordpress.com/ – Second Chances
2. http://frecklefacechronicles.wordpress.com/ – Freckle Face Chronicles
3. http://girlofthehour.wordpress.com – Girl Of The Hour
4. http://dailytao2000.wordpress.com – Daily Tao
5. http://flowandtheartoflife.wordpress.com/ – Follow and The Art Of Life
6. http://mxedgirlmantra.wordpress.com/ – Mxed Girl Mantra (fun idea)
7. http://heather19r.wordpress.com/ – This one just hit home with me
8. http://awkwardlyshy.wordpress.com/ – Awkwardly Shy
9. http://fightforalife.wordpress.com/ – Anxiety Recovery Journal
10. http://stephboisvert.ca/ – Stéphane Boisvert
My question answers:
1. What was your first thought when you realised you had been nominated for the Liebster award?
Gratitude. I always hope that my blog will be liked by people and I was so happy that someone liked me enough to include me on a list like this.
2. Who was your best friend when you were a child?
I had a friend named John. We were friends for so many years and we had a falling out in high school. It didn’t last long and we are still friends but we grew apart after that.
3. If you were a chair ~ what kind of chair would you be.
A rocking chair because I’m always in motion. I couldn’t imagine being a chair that can’t rock.
4. Are you a goal driven person or are you a process oriented person?
Mostly goal driven but the goal drives the process. I need a goal to work toward or I’ll get bored.
5. You have lost your car keys where would you look first?
My hands, or my hat. I’m always losing them in the most obvious places. The joys of ADHD.
6. Do you use affirmations? do you have one you would like to share?
I have sticky notes that say “Be Positive” in various places in my home and car.
7. In one sentence describe your perfect day.
A day spent with my wife and kids.
8. If you could go back to any age just for a week what age would you chose?
The roaring 20s! Just to see the style, the cars and hear the music (jazz was amazing back then).
9. Are you a mornings person or do you like to stay up late?
I like the stay up late but not too late. 1am is perfect. With my kids having to get up early for school this isn’t always an option, however.
10. Can you finish this sentence please? STAY CALM AND…
do yoga. It’s about the only way I know how to stay calm!